Divorce is never an easy process, but when high-net-worth individuals are involved, the stakes are often higher and the complications even greater. While any divorce can be challenging, high-net-worth divorces typically involve a more complex web of assets, investments, and property. In these cases, it is essential to have an experienced legal team on your side to obtain the best possible outcome. For help, contact Stewart Law Group to schedule a consultation with an experienced Phoenix divorce attorney.
Why Hire Stewart Law Group For Your High Net Worth Divorce?
Navigating a high-net-worth divorce can be an exceptionally challenging experience, requiring expert guidance to ensure the best possible outcome. Here’s why you should work with Stewart Law Group:
- We have been serving clients in our community since 2004, providing unparalleled service with a personalized touch.
- With over 100 years of combined professional experience, our legal team has a deep understanding of the legal landscape and the many intricacies that come with high-net-worth divorces.
- We respect your individuality and strive to provide legal representation specifically tailored to your unique situation.
- One of the concerns many people have when seeking legal representation is the cost. At Stewart Law Group, we understand this and have implemented a transparent rate structure so you can anticipate your legal expenses at every step of the process.
How an Attorney Can Help You With a High Net Worth Divorce Case
When it comes to high-net-worth divorces, the financial picture is often more complex than that of the average divorce. Here’s how a lawyer can help:
- A skilled high-asset divorce attorney can answer difficult questions and help you navigate the property division process with ease. They are familiar with the intricate tax implications, valuation methods, and other factors that come into play when dividing high-value assets, ensuring that your interests are protected.
- A lawyer can offer suggestions for mediation or other alternative dispute resolution methods to help you and your spouse reach an amicable resolution, potentially avoiding the time and expense of a courtroom battle.
- The documentation required for a high-net-worth divorce can be extensive and complex, including exhaustive financial statements and inventories of all assets, liabilities, income, and expenses. An experienced attorney will have the necessary knowledge and organizational skills to collect, review, and file all necessary documents.
What is a High Net Worth Divorce?
In Arizona, high net-worth divorces are typically those with a net worth of over $1 million. These types of divorces bring forth a unique set of challenges, as there are more assets to be divided and the process of settlement can take much longer than a traditional divorce.
High net-worth couples may have multiple real estate properties, such as vacation homes and rental properties in addition to their primary residence. These properties must be properly valued and fairly distributed in the divorce settlement. If one or both spouses own a business, it is crucial that an accurate valuation is determined to ensure an equitable distribution of the marital estate.
Additionally, high-net-worth individuals often have diverse investment portfolios, which may include stocks, bonds, retirement accounts, and other financial assets. Dividing these assets can be complex, as each type of asset has its own set of rules for division and may be subject to varying tax implications.
How Long Do High-Net-Worth Divorces Take in Arizona?
In Arizona, high-net-worth divorces can generally take anywhere from six months to two years, depending on the unique aspects of the relationship and the assets involved. The time it takes for a divorce to finalize largely depends on the level of cooperation between the spouses and the complexity of their financial situation.
High net worth divorces often require experienced attorneys, evaluators, tax advisors, and other experts to sort through complex assets. This additional effort can significantly increase the time it takes to finalize a high-net-worth divorce.
Contact Stewart Law Group To Schedule a Consultation
High net-worth divorces are inherently more complicated and time-consuming than the average divorce. To ensure a successful outcome and expedite the divorce process, it’s essential to work with an experienced high-asset divorce attorney. Stewart Law Group is here for you. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation with a Phoenix family law lawyer.