Divorce is a complicated and emotionally taxing process, and the financial implications can cause even more stress. If you’re worried that you won’t be able to support yourself during or after a divorce, alimony can help. Let us walk you through the process so you can move forward with your life. Contact The Stewart Law Group to schedule a consultation.
Why Hire Stewart Law Group If You Need Help With Alimony?
When it comes to navigating the emotional and complex terrain of alimony and family law, choosing the right attorney is crucial. Here’s why you should work with us:
- We take pride in providing personalized representation to each of our clients. We understand that every case is unique and aim to tailor our legal strategy to meet the specific needs of your situation.
- With more than 100 years of combined experience and almost two decades of providing top-notch legal practices to clients throughout greater Phoenix, we have established a strong track record in family law and understand how to navigate the complex nature of alimony cases.
- In many instances, alimony cases can be resolved without the need for a lengthy court battle. The Phoenix divorce attorneys are known for our strong negotiation skills, which are essential in resolving alimony disputes.
How a Lawyer Can Help You With Alimony
If you believe you are entitled to alimony, a Phoenix family law attorney can help you with this and determine what your next steps should be. Here’s how a lawyer can help you:
- Assess Your Situation – A reliable family law attorney will ask questions about your marital situation and any assets/debts either party has in order to assess whether or not alimony would be suitable for your case.
- Educate You on Alimony Laws – Your attorney should explain how exactly alimony works and what criteria need to be met before the court will approve it.
- Obtain Financial Disclosure Documentation – Attorneys also review financial disclosure documents submitted by each party and analyze them in order to generate accurate calculations on how much alimony you may be awarded.
When is a Spouse Entitled To Alimony in Phoenix?
When determining if a spouse is entitled to alimony, the courts will consider several factors to see if the spouse seeking maintenance needs it, including their ability to gain employment and be self-sufficient:
“…the court may grant a maintenance order for either spouse for any of the following reasons if it finds that the spouse seeking maintenance:
- Lacks sufficient property, including property apportioned to the spouse, to provide for that spouse’s reasonable needs.
- Is unable to be self-sufficient through appropriate employment, or is the custodian of a child whose age, or condition is such that the custodian should not be required to seek employment outside the home, or lacks earning ability in the labor market adequate to be self-sufficient.
- Has made a significant financial or other contribution to the education, training, vocational skills, career, or earning ability of the other spouse.
- Had a marriage of long duration and is of an age that may preclude the possibility of gaining employment adequate to be self-sufficient.
- Has significantly reduced that spouse’s income or career opportunities for the benefit of the other spouse.”
Contact Stewart Law Group To Schedule a Consultation
Divorce and alimony can be challenging, but having the right support system and legal assistance can make all the difference. An experienced alimony lawyer in Phoenix, Arizona, will help you navigate the complexities of alimony and help you receive the financial support you deserve. Contact Stewart Law Group today to schedule a consultation.