Facing criminal charges in Arizona is a very serious legal problem. If you are accused of a crime, or are under investigation in a criminal case, contact attorney Scott David Stewart of the Stewart Law Group immediately. The outcome of your criminal case will largely be the direct result of the skills, experience, and resources of your criminal defense lawyer.
Who We Are
Our trial lawyers are experienced, having represented thousands of clients in difficult criminal cases. Our approach is personalized, dedicated, and professional, and we are proud of the trust we have garnered from our clients in Surprise and other communities in Arizona. Attorney Scott David Stewart formerly served as a Deputy County Attorney for the Maricopa County Attorney’s office. As a felony crime prosecutor, he honed his trial skills, and gained a thorough understanding of how a case will be prosecuted, skills which will be of great benefit to you in your case.
Why Choose Us?
You have the right to an attorney – but every lawyer is different in how they approach a case, their dedication to the clients they serve, and level of experience. When you are defended by Scott David Stewart, you can be confident your case is in the hands of an experienced trial attorney who knows what it takes to successfully defend against criminal charges.
Our experience in criminal cases is above and beyond what many other firms offer, and we are proud of our reputation for legal excellence, and ability to craft a compelling defense case, fully supported by evidence and testimony. We have a single-minded dedication to consistently providing high quality, client-focused legal representation to those who find themselves caught in the criminal justice system in Arizona. We are committed to fighting for the best possible outcome.
A Criminal Defense Lawyer with Extraordinary Legal Skills to Serve You.
It is vital that we get involved in defending you against criminal charges as early as possible. In the early stages of a criminal charge, it may be possible to reduce the level of the charge, dismiss the charge, or other benefit. If your case is moving forward to trial, it is imperative that your lawyer has a defense strategy in place and presents your defense case professionally and persuasively. We are proud to have achieved acquittals in many cases of serious criminal charges. We invite you to meet with us immediately if you are accused of committing a crime in Surprise.
Criminal Defense Cases We Handle
Attorney Scott David Stewart is recognized as being among the finest criminal attorneys practicing in the state of Arizona. The types of criminal charges he defends include, but are not limited to:
- DUI Defense: A DUI conviction can affect your life for the long term. The conviction be visible on your criminal record, easily accessed by any potential employer, or any other party researching your background. It is vital that any DUI charge, where misdemeanor or felony, is managed by a skilled trial lawyer who knows the strategies that can result in a case dismissal or acquittal.
- Extreme DUI Defense: Extreme DUI charges are filed in cases in which it is alleged that the accused person had a BAC (blood alcohol content) in the range of .15 to .20. If not successfully defended, a convicted person will spend a minimum of 30 days in jail and owe fines and surcharges.
- Super Extreme DUI Defense: Super extreme DUI charges are filed when it is alleged that a driver was at .20 BAC or higher while operating a vehicle. The jail time is a minimum of 45 days, which must be served consecutively, along with fines up to $500, along with assessments and a requirement to pay for an interlock device to be installed in your vehicles.
- Drug DUI Defense: Driving under the influence of drugs, whether legally prescribed or recreational, carries serious penalties. In a conviction, the individual could face up to six months in jail, drug treatment, and fines up to $2,500, along with surcharges, and the added penalty of probation up to five years.
- Order of Protection: Any person who violates an Order of Protection issued by the court is at risk of being held in contempt of court or charged with a misdemeanor or felony, based upon whether an earlier violation is on record. It is critical that your rights and interests are protected by a criminal defense attorney who can help you fight to avoid the serious consequences of a conviction.
- Domestic violence: Charges of domestic violence may be filed as a misdemeanor or felony. In either case, even if you are completely innocent, your personal and professional reputation can be damaged or destroyed. The first action to take is to ensure you are represented by a skilled trial lawyer who can take action to reduce the damage, seek a dismissal, reduced charges, or fight to pursue an acquittal at trial.
- Assault: Whether you are facing charges of a misdemeanor or felony assault, the penalties in Arizona can include jail time, anger management treatment, fines, and may make it illegal for you to possess a firearm. If you are accused of assault, it is imperative that you get legal representation immediately.
- Shoplifting: The level of a shoplifting charge will be based upon the value of the item alleged to have been stolen. The penalties imposed can be up to six months in jail, fines up to $2,500, with an added surcharge, and probation. Any item alleged to have been shoplifted that at a value of $1,000 to $2,000 will be charged as a felony.
- Drug Crimes: Drug offenses are heavily punished in Surprise, Arizona, and even possession of a minor quantity of an illegal drug can lead to jail time, fines, and mandated treatment. For distribution, manufacturing, or trafficking, the penalties imposed are often years in state prison, along with tens of thousands in fines.
Contact Attorney Scott David Stewart for Help.
If you are facing criminal charges in Surprise, Arizona, contact criminal lawyer Scott David Stewart immediately. Exercise your right to remain silent, as everything you say or do while under the control of law enforcement can impact the outcome of your case. Call today for legal representation that you can be confident has the experience, knowledge, and dedication to help you pursue a positive case outcome. Call today.