Yes, they can. If the separation agreement extended child support for a longer period of time than the legal presumptions require, and that was made a part of the court’s order, then a longer period of support would be enforceable. The parties may also agree to an amount above that required by the child support guidelines. For example, the parents may include additional support payments sufficient to provide for private schooling, college, vocational education, travel, or summer camp.