A. All property acquired by either husband or wife during the marriage is the community property of the husband and wife except for property that is:
- Acquired by gift, devise or descent.
- Acquired after service of a petition for dissolution of marriage, legal separation or annulment if the petition results in a decree of dissolution of marriage, legal separation or annulment.
B. Notwithstanding subsection A, paragraph 2, service of a petition for dissolution of marriage, legal separation or annulment does not:
- Alter the status of preexisting community property.
- Change the status of community property used to acquire new property or the status of that new property as community property.
- Alter the duties and rights of either spouse with respect to the management of community property except as prescribed pursuant to section 25-315, subsection A, paragraph 1, subdivision (a).
For more information about Community Property and Divorce, please read the following articles:
Resource: Arizona State Legislature